Child benefit abroad

Child benefit abroad

The parents among you regularly ask the question whether you also receive child benefit when you reside abroad or whether you are entitled to it or not.

The answer is relatively simple and is related to your tax assessment. If you have unlimited tax liability you are also automatically entitled to child benefit. The same applies if you apply for unlimited tax liability.

If, however, you are resident and working outside of Germany for the entire year, this is only possible under certain conditions.

But as a rule, you would pay more taxes than you would receive child benefits if you do not meet these requirements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *